Hey there, fellow entrepreneurs! Is your business more low-key than you’d like? Are your customers rarer than a Charizard card in a 90s Pokémon deck? Let’s fix that faster than you can say “#LocalLove”.
Hashtags – They’re not just for hipsters anymore. They’ve become a real game-changer in the world of small businesses. You’ve seen them, you’ve used them, but have you really unleashed their power for your local business? It’s time to dial “#Local” for success!
Your business might not be the new McDonald’s (yet), but why should that stop you from becoming the talk of the town? Picture it: Your brand name popping up in every local’s feed, getting more hits than a pinata at a kid’s party. That’s the power of local hashtags.
Now, before you ask, “But how does using a hashtag get me that?” let me put it in terms that’ll stick: Picture hashtags as the Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak of the social media world. It’s there, but you only really see it when it’s gone. Or in our case, when it’s used effectively.
Why Local Hashtags?
Why local hashtags, you may wonder? Well, think of it like shouting out in a crowded room. If you yell out “hey!” you might get a few glances. But if you shout “Hey, Brooklyn!” you’ll probably get every Brooklyn native in the room to turn around. It’s about relevance, my friends.
The same goes for hashtags. Sure, #coffee gets millions of uses worldwide, but #BrooklynCoffee is where you’ll get the local caffeine aficionados’ eyes on your brand. It’s like being the hippest guy at a local bar versus being a faceless person in Times Square. Your call.
How To #Local
But how do you do it right? It’s a process, but don’t worry, we won’t leave you hanging like a cat from a tree in an old motivational poster.
1. Research: No, we don’t mean backbreaking library work here. Just some good old-fashioned Google-fu. Look for trending local hashtags. Figure out what your local community is using. A city or town name (#SeattleLove), local landmarks (#SpaceNeedleSelfie), or even local events (#SeattleMusicFest) are some excellent places to start.
2. Engage: Don’t just sprinkle the hashtags like parmesan on your posts and call it a day. Engage with your community. Got a hilarious #ManhattanTraffic meme? Share it! Stumbled upon a cute dog in a local park? Click a picture and use the hashtag. It’s all about being part of the conversation. Remember the ‘social’ in social media.
3. Use it Wisely: Keep your hashtags relevant. Just like that “one guy” at the party, don’t overdo it. Instagram, for example, lets you use up to 30 hashtags, but who wants to read all of those? Focus on the quality of your hashtags rather than the quantity.
4. Cross-Promote: If you’ve got a hot new deal or a special event, don’t shy away from cross-promoting it with local hashtags. It’s a classic case of killing two pigeons with one baguette – getting your message across while resonating with local audiences.
5. Experiment: Not every hashtag will be a slam dunk. And that’s okay. The world of social media is an ever-changing landscape. Like Dory says, “Just keep swimming.”
Now, this might seem like a lot, but believe me, once you start going down this rabbit hole, you’ll wonder how you ever did without it. Local hashtags aren’t just a marketing strategy; they’re a way to form a community, to show your customers that you’re not just another faceless corporation. You’re part of the neighborhood, just as much as the old oak tree or that ice cream truck everyone queues up for.
Remember, just like Spiderman, with great hashtags comes great engagement.
So, here’s the magic moment you’ve been waiting for. In the immortal words of Shia LaBeouf, “Just do it!” And if you need a little push, why not download the Boost App Social? It’s like having a social media whiz in your pocket. They’ll guide you along the way and make your hashtag game strong and successful!